Friday, 17 May 2013

Animating



Credits:
Ellen Kean - Stitch's Voice, Animation, storyboard, character design, Sound
Richard Mills - Georges voice, sound effects
David Whelan - The Wizards voice

This video is the final animatic, with some animation. Animating takes me a LOT longer than I was originally anticipating  and unfortunately throughout my time at BCU I have never been able to get over the habit of biting off more than I can chew! However, for the parts that have been animated I am fairly pleased and have enjoyed most of it!

For my submission I decided to focus on the concept document and the artwork this entails, as this show my practice more so than a completed animation. For the degree show this animation will be finished, considering I can focus solely on the film from this point! (Animation will be completed in greyscale/black and white)

Animation is done using PENCIL:
http://www.pencil-animation.org/

This free software has been a wonderful tool, for those looking to really get a drawn feel to there animated work! Compositing done in after effects!

For the future, when I want to animate, and to develop my animation skills I will experiment with short films (maybe just 30 seconds long) so as to get some nice finished looking pieces. I chose Pencil for its frame by frame animating style, though I understand flash works in the same way, with more features for animating! So will attempt to use flash once again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment