TASK
We were given a choice from a selection of audio clips. Using our chosen clip we were to create an animation. All the clips were 11 second samples of various films.
CHARACTER 1
The clip I chose had dialogue, so this helped to determine who the characters were, how they should look etc. The first character to speak reminded me of John Travolta. In particular his role in Pulp Fiction. So I used this as my inspiration for this character.
I am quite keen to get a good likeness of John Travolta. From what I've learnt from the FLIP festival and other sources is that facial expressions and detail is important. However, with the time scale in mind, I will develop the sketches into simple line drawings of the character. This is so the process of creating the animation can be quicker.
I'l be using photos of Travolta for reference and also videos. I may use lip syncing, although it is not essential. The character should be able to act, so this will be main thing to focus on. For this I will be acting the scene out myself, so I can see how the scene will play out, and hopefully get a life like animation.
CHARACTER 2
The first character we hear reveals alot about himself in his voice and words. It is easy for me to visualise this character. However, the second voice is quite monotonal, which makes it all the more unsettling. I was reminded of a scene from the 2007 film GHOST RIDER, starring Peter Fonda as the devil. As this was my first impression I felt this would be a good way to start. Peter Fonda plays a convincing devil in this film so I the second character would be based on this. However, I think the main focus will be on the first character with the second remaining slightly anonymous.


No comments:
Post a Comment