I've discovered after many, many drawings that to get a consistently good likeness of John Travolta, ready for this animation, I would need more time to practise drawing him. So I have decided that I will use this still as the basis of my character, although I will not be focusing on making sure I capture his likeness. I will use his main features that I noticed were characteristic to him, so hopefully there may be some resemblence. But I want to focus on this characters acting so I will start developing test based on videos.
I thought this photo of Fonda was perfect for the way I wanted to portray my own character. The dark shadows dont reveal to much of his features, or in particular his eyes, making him seem eerie. Although I want to avoid too many large dark areas as this is more drawing when it comes to animating. But I will keep in mind these techniques to keep the character mysterious.


No comments:
Post a Comment