Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Task 1

Its the first week of the animation course 2010. We have'nt even enrolled and already we set off to complete our first task.

Our task involves scouting out birmingham and its many interesting sculptures and architecture. Those that know the city well, guided the rest that were new to town. It was a great chance to get to know everyone on the course and explore the city and refresh and renew my knowledge of the area!

This drawing is off the square water fountains by the church outside the bullring. The seagull running across the top caught my eye and I thought it would be fun to include some 'movement' in the drawing. I chose to do this drawing in pen and add some subtle colour to hint at the water and colour of the stone.

This is my miniture drawing of the church. The small door surrounded by a wall, with no path leading to it, intriuged me. Again, I used pen to rough in the details then used pastel to add colour.

On my way into victoria square I decided this view of the town hall and the sculpture of queen Victoria was an interesting and pleasant one. I tried using oil pastels and pencil here. I started with block colour then tried adding in the detail. However I struggled to include much detail with this medium.

This is a view of the fountain from the central library steps. For this drawing I used pencil. Its not my favourite out of this series of drawings. I feel I could improve with a little more patience.
Another pencil drawing. This is a view from the inside looking across the interior of the library. I was lucky enough to catch a meeting, so it was fun to include the people in my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment