Monday, 10 December 2012

Time zoo entrance

One of the most symbolic and important scenes of this film, will be the Time zoo entrance. This part is the first indication of what the film, or 'place' is about.

Photobucket

Looked at working cogs and clockwork for this.



I built this scene in Autodesk Maya. I was hoping to intergrate a few mediums together to create this animation (i.e. Maya, Photoshop, After Effects etc.)

I experimented from here, with various different lighting effects.
Photobucket

Yellow brick lighting - I found this lighting came up too 'flat' looking, not very appealing
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


















'Green brick' This is better than the first - the cogs are still too flat- don't stand out from brick wall.






















One light has been removed. The lighting here is not symmetrical, however this creates a 'Hitchcock' style lighting effect - deep contrast - cogs are more visible this way

















No coloured light, keeps with the 'desolate' aesthetic of the film.
This 'horror' lighting is my favourite so far.












In the end however, I decided a day light type of lighting was needed for the animation. The characters will be more visible against the backgrounds, also the looming shadow of the dark cloud behind them will be more obvious this way - higher contrast.

below is the starting sequence, using 'day light', using Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro



No comments:

Post a Comment