I'm interested in traditional cel drawn (frame by frame) animation. This can be done the old fashioned way, with pencil, paper and a scanner or camera, however I wanted to find which are the best programs to use for digital cel drawing (i.e. with the use of a Graphics tablet)
Adobe photoshop and After effects have the capabilities to animate in 2D, however I've found achieving beautiful line animation is more complex or confusing.
I researched animators and the programs they use. I came across this animation studio. I love their chosen style, with the combined 3D environment and hand drawn animation. (Link below)
http://fates.com/
On their studios website, a page is dedicated to the software they use to create these stunning animations
http://fates.com/retas/
http://www.celsys.co.jp/en/products/retas/index.html
This program is a popular choice, according to this site and others, for traditional animators and Manga artists! When I wrote to the Studio about it they could offer student licenses for the use of this program. So far I have not been able to find a working home license to buy online.
No comments:
Post a Comment