useful links:
http://www.bodonk.info/digital-painting-tutorial-environmental-sketch-mountain-landscape.html
This video shows how one person creates concept art using shapes and contrasting light and shadow to design characters and poses.
I found this video really useful in understanding how to use photography and pretty much any textures you've gathered to create a fantasy scene! Some clever tricks in this
OK. So after seeing this video I wanted to have a go myself, to see how I can use Photoshop to manipulate photos and images to put together something that could be used for concept work!
This photo was chosen for its subject of tall buildings and many windows. I felt this was a good starting point to edit the image and learning more about the tools Photoshop has to offer!
The clone tools blend away the sign at the bottom of the image. It is a bit irregular in places but has generally worked in for now. Even an extra window was added in this way!
Image rotated and cropped. Also used the clone tool to widen the area of sky at the top of the building.
I used images of clouds and red skies to create a dark sinister sky, as well as other lighting and effects on Photoshop, such as darkening the image or changing the gradient.
Overall so far is looking OK. There is certainly more creative things I could do in Photoshop. But for now this shows how easy it can be to manipulate photos and other images into colourful concept art!
AIM: Collect photo references for textures and general scenes, including buildings (new, old and derelict), water (lakes,rivers), animals, trees, people and machinery.





No comments:
Post a Comment