Wednesday, 25 May 2011

References and textures


Now I understand the basics of Maya, with its modelling tools and features, I needed a setting. I have been struggling with ideas so to get a scene built will help to move things along!


This is my kitchen at home. I set the first task to gather references and build my kitchen in Maya!


I was able to make photos and drawings that could be used in Maya as references to create objects and surfaces!


I started to gather images from Google and Bing to use as textures for the objects in the kitchen.


I only wanted a few select objects that will be used in the animation. I could fill up the kitchen with all utensils and boxes and cans. However due to the time scale and possible problems that might come with rendering all these objects, I decided to keep it fairly minimal!

The textures on the objects would be enough information to show what they are!










No comments:

Post a Comment