Tuesday, 5 April 2011
Moodboards and ideas
The new task requires us to learn Maya, then create a 30-60 second animation based on a domino effect of reactions. These videos are good for refences on how this could be shown as well as images collected into a moodboard.
This video shows a different sort of chain reaction. The matches all light as one is lit in the corner. I like this video as the lighting effect is also very interesting as the matches burn (casting shadows as though it were a forest). Also as the fire dies out the remaining burned matches with the glowing embers is another really cool effect! It might be interesting to experiment with this in maya to create the same lighting effect!
This quick moodboard (created in photoshop) shows a few different variations on dominoes and how their design can be used! I love the stonehenge dominoes and it would be .fun to try to incorporate this idea into the animation somehow!
http://express.howstuffworks.com/autopsy-vending.htm
Then I started to think about other chain reactions that happen everyday in normal circumstances, such as a vending machine. The chain reaction would be from the moment of putting the coin in the machine right up until the item is dispensed from the machine. The link (above) gives a little insight into how a vending machine works. It explains the principles of a vending machine and how it works. This makes it easier to break each action down in understanding the chain reaction.
This video is quite amusing, simply showing how this particular machine works. Its quite interesting, but it only shows the front of the machine. I was hoping more to show the inner workings of the machine and the coins journey.
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-a-Mechanical-Vending-Machine-Works&id=3459914
This link gives a useful account of the mechanics. This is what I was hoping to focus on.
This is the only video I could find the inner workings. Other than filming it myself (so far no one is willing to show me the in inside of their machines...hmmm) I have painstakingly studied this video so that I have enough information to recreate the chain reaction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment