As an experiment I think the effects I was aiming for, e.g. in the dark or the light off the TV, look quite effective. Although there are things I would do differently, were I to redo this task. Overall it is a little rough around the edges. By this I mean the drawings are quite sketchy and the action is a little jerky and quick in some cases. Although I think part of its charm is in seeing it as drawings coming to life.
Originally, for the 'GAME OVER' scene for the TV, I'd planned on having it square on. However, from what I have seen from films and read in books such as the guide to storyboarding 'shot by shot', By having the shot looking up slightly gives the scene a more foreboding, dramatic effect!
Towards the end of the project, as I was filming, if I discovered a technique would not work in the desired way, I often improvised or changed my mind as I went along. I think the animation would have benefitted from more thorough research, e.g. more drawings of the TV smashing would have helped me to visualize this better.
No comments:
Post a Comment